Job BoardJob Title: Program Director (Girls’ Physical Education Programs)
Company: Sarah Heinz House
Location: Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Job type: Full-time
Requirements: Undergraduate degree (multiple fields of study considered, Physical Education preferred), or 3 years experience with Youth Development/Mentoring/Teaching/Coaching; experience in managing volunteers & pt staff; experience in Aquatics preferred; must enjoy working with children, especially girls; work is mostly afternoon and evenings.
Position Summary: The Girls Department Program Director is a Full-time, Exempt position. The candidate is responsible for planning, implementation and supervision of multiple after-school and evening programs for youth and teens (especially girls), while establishing and maintaining a positive, professional relationship with members, parents, volunteers, staff and the community.
Reports To: Senior Program Director
The Program Director is responsible for:
- Establishing, maintaining, and nurturing positive professional relationships with the
- members, volunteers, staff, and the community
- Serving and acting as a Positive Adult Role Model
- Providing Informal Guidance to Members
- Establishing a program setting that ensures the health and safety of members
- Contributing to the creation of the overall positive climate for Youth Development
- Motivating and Educating Youth to achieve fitness, acquire a broad range of physical skills, develop a sense of teamwork, cooperation and fairness, and lead a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Planning, Organizing, and Implementing Girls Physical Education Programs for all Divisions
- Planning, Organizing, and Implementing Coed Physical Education Classes for High School members
- Training and Supervision for Adult Volunteers and Member-Aged volunteer Leaders for department related programs
- Training and Supervision of Part-Time employees (lifeguards, locker room attendants, etc.) for department related programs
- Evaluating and Improving departmental and overall programs
- Evaluating member performance (attendance, attitude, leadership, service, Top 6 Fitness, etc)
- Assisting with planning, organizing, and implementing of various Special Events throughout the year
- Supervising counselors and operations for Summer Day Camp(s).
- Coordinating programmatic outreach efforts
- Indirectly and programmatically assisting Director of Development
- Working closely and effectively with Office Staff on issues such as the monthly Bulletin
- Cross Training and working outside the confines of the Physical Department, performing other duties as needed, to benefit the members or Sarah Heinz House in general.
Starting Salary: $30,800 with generous health and 401K benefits
Apply method: Email firstname.lastname@example.org